সোমবার, ১২ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

Taking a break from a story - Writing Forum


Funny, because when I know what's gonna happen, I'm all the more excited to write it because in writing it, I feel the tension and excitement all the more - it's like thinking about a movie and then actually watching it. I grow bored and get a block when I don't know what's going on, because you can't write it if you don't know what to write.

As for you, no, don't take a break. You may think you've got it all worked out but stories always change - you think of a better way to express this, you realise that there is a bad idea, or maybe some scenes lack natural progression even though in your head it all felt right. Just keep writing - by writing, you'll surprise yourself. If you don't write though, your story will never evolve and then it does become boring. You won't discover all the Easter eggs if you don't write Think of it this way, the plan's just the garden - you know the garden well, but you still don't know where all the eggs are, and maybe you'll find a bunny too

I just got too carried away with my Easter egg analogy lol.

Oh and I'm the sort who would stop if I ever took a break. The longest break I gave myself was 2.5 weeks, and I was getting worried. You need to actually work to get your fire back sometimes - I managed by realising that there're some things I just don't wanna write, even if the idea is the most obvious one and will solve my problem the most easily. Since I put some effort into thinking at a time when I was completely switched off and bored of my book, I managed to literally write myself out of my apathy. So yeh, the key - WRITE ON!

Source: http://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=57692

iPhone 5 9-11 Chris Brown Tattoo Innocence of Muslims Clara Schumann Jael Strauss Alison Pill

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন